15 Ways To Overcome Your Test Nerves
1. Don't rush it Get as much practice as you can and only apply for your test when you feel confident that you are safe. If you're worried about the theory test, ask friends and family to test you to familiarise yourself with the questions and have a go at our sample theory test questions
2. Book the first available driving test of the day. If you take your test early in the morning you will have less time to worry about it.
3. Don’t tell your friends the test date. If everyone knows you are going for the test, you create the additional stress of trying to live up to your friends expectations. It's OK to let your Mum and Dad know, we are sure they will give you all the support you need.
4. Don’t listen to ‘horror stories’. There are many stories about failed tests. Some may even be true. Just concentrate on your performance.
5. Get the timing right. Take the test at the right time. Try to book the test so it does not coincide with other stressful events (just prior to school exams or in the middle of wedding preparations etc).
6. Go to the right test centre. No good going to a test centre were your friends have all failed. This will only lose you confidence. Go to the centre were they all pass!
7. In your last two lessons. Ask your instructor to concentrate on the manoeuvres you find most difficult.
8. Do a practice run. We use the term ‘Mock Test’. The instructor should be very realistic and the student must take it reasonably serious.
9.Practice in your head It's been proven that you can improve your ability to perform coordinated tasks by imagining doing them.
10. Examiners are only human. Your test is one of possibly eight on the examiners sheet that day. Don’t try to please him/her.
11.You do not need to be perfect. Concentrate on the essentials. If you make a mistake, keep calm and concentrate on your driving. The mistake may not result in failure.
12. Don’t worry about silence in the car. It can be daunting sitting beside a stranger, who seems to just grunt: 'turn right, turn left'. Avoid thinking the examiner doesn’t like you. If there is a little chit-chat, be happy, but don’t expect it.
13. You will pass. Both instructor and pupil must be convinced that the result will be a pass. An attitude ‘lets have a go at it’ may produce a pass, but is exhausting on the nerves.
14. Don’t take pills to calm your nerves. This only slows your reaction and performance.
15. Get a good night's sleep before the test.
This audio CD is designed for UK learner drivers to help you to pass your practical driving test.
It is in use by numerous driving instructors and students with fantastic results:
Enhance your Driving skills
Reduce the number of Driving lessons
Eliminate the nerves
And save Money
Our Price: £10.95 with Free P&P More
MP3 Download Now available Our Price: £7.95
These are some of the things people are saying after using this Audio CD:-
I am a Driving Instructor, I have a pupil who was so nervous on test day that she failed three times. Before her fourth I suggested she try your CD, the difference was unbelievable, she passed easily and commented on how much more confidence she had and how much more she felt in control. Thank you Charles from both of us. I will certainly recommend your Driving Test CD to all my future test candidates - Maurice Neal (Street Wise Driving School)
I bought the driving CD , I have passed my driving test!!!!!. I am 100% positive that the CD greatly helped me to pass the test! Thank you so much!!!! - Dean
My Wife has had several tests but always suffered from nerves on the day. She listened to the CD 3 or 4 times prior to the test . Her examiner has a reputation for being a bit of a perfectionist. Anyway SHE PASSED !!!!! Thanks again you have saved us a lot of money!! Best wishes to you and keep up the good work. Roger and Lynne
Latest News:- LEARNER DRIVERS FIND EXTRA CONFIDENCE WITH NEW PRODUCT
Totem Confidence is designed to aid relaxation and boost confidence in stressful situations and is being snapped up by people learning to drive and approaching their driving test. More Information