PRINTABLE TEST (answers on the bottom of the page)
Test Type: Large Vehicle - Braking systems
Number of Questions: 10
Pass Mark: 10
1) To prevent 'brake fade' you should
2 answers required
2) What could prevent air pressure building up
in an air brake system
in cold frosty
3) The brake air pressure warning light comes
on whilst driving.
4) When using an independent endurance
brake (retarder) on slippery roads,
should take care to avoid
5) A lorry is overtaking you on a two-lane
It does not have the speed to get
past. What should you do?
6) Coasting downhill could seriously affect the
correct working of the
7) You are driving a vehicle not fitted with antilock
How can 'wheel lock' be
controlled during heavy braking?
8) 'Brake fade' is a loss of effectiveness of the
brakes, caused by their continuous use.
When would this be most likely to happen?
9) You are stationary. The air brake pressure
warning light comes on.
Why should you
NOT release the parking brake?
10) A system for controlling the vehicle's speed
without using the footbrake is
© Crown copyright material has been reproduced by permission of the Driving Standards Agency which does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the reproduction.