1) You are delivering a load of building
materials on pallets.
Before unloading what should you ensure FIRST?
2) Why is it important to distribute the weight
evenly over the axles when loading a lorry?
3) You are driving a vehicle with an unladen
You change into a low gear while travelling at speed. What could happen?
4) You are driving a lorry with an ISO container
on a trailer.
You must make sure that
5) Your vehicle has a maximum authorised
mass (MAM) of 40 tonnes.
The tare weight is 10 tonnes.
What would your maximum payload be?
6) An attendant must accompany you when
your load is wider than
7) Which of the following would reduce the
'wave effect' when driving tankers?
8) Which type of load would most benefit from
on a lorry fitted with roadfriendly suspension?
9) When roping down a load on your lorry what
is the best knot to use?
10) You are securing a very heavy load with a
What type of anchorage point should NOT be used?
© Crown copyright material has been reproduced by permission of the Driving Standards Agency which does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the reproduction.