PRINTABLE TEST (answers on the bottom of the page)
Test Type: Motorway
Number of Questions: 50
Pass Mark: 43
1) If you are driving in the left lane of the motorway and find another vehicle merging from a slip road, what should you do?
2) The extreme right-hand lane of a four-lane motorway should be used:-
3) What does this motorway sign mean?
4) When joining a motorway you must always
5) When driving on a motorway, when should you indicate to change lanes?
6) When joining a motorway you should ?
2 answers required
7) Usually, on a motorway, how far from the
exit is the first sign showing the junction
8) In which circumstances may you reverse on the motorway?
9) How will a police officer in a patrol car get you to stop on the Motorway?
10) The left-hand lane of a motorway should be
11) A motorcycle is not allowed on a motorway if it has an engine size smaller than:-
12) You are travelling on a motorway. A bag falls off the roof rack. What should you do?
13) Which of the following are not allowed to use a motorway?
3 answers required
14) What is the maximum speed for cars towing caravans on a Motorway?
15) What does this motorway sign show?
16) Your vehicle has broken down on a motorway. You aren't able to stop on the hard shoulder. What should you do?
17) What does this motorway sign mean?
18) The car below is moving with its hazard warning lights on. It's to let you know there is a hazard ahead.
What type of road is this allowed on?
19) What do AMBER studs on the motorway show?
20) Travelling on a wet motorway with road spray you should :
21) What is the national speed limit for cars on a motorway?
22) You are intending to leave the motorway at
the next exit.
Before you reach the exit you
should normally position your vehicle
23) If there is ice or snow on a Motorway braking distances can increase by:-
24) You are driving on a well-lit motorway at night. You should?
25) A crawler lane on a motorway is found
26) You are joining a motorway.
Why is it important to make full use of the slip road ?
27) In WET motorway road conditions the minimum distance you should leave between you and the vehicle in front should be?
28) When may you use the right hand lane of the motorway?
29) You are travelling at 60 m.p.h. on a good, dry motorway
What is the overall stopping distance?
30) You are driving on a wet motorway with surface spray. You should:-
31) What do GREEN studs on the motorway show?
32) You must ensure that any load carried on or in your vehicle while driving along the motorway is: -
2 answers required
33) What basic rule applies when you're using a motorway?
34) You are towing a small trailer on a busy three-lane motorway. You must :
2 answers required
35) You're towing a small trailer on a busy three-lane motorway. All the lanes are open. You must
36) A two-second gap between you and the car in front is when conditions are?
37) What colour backgrounds do Motorway signs show?
38) Rear fog lights should be used on a motorway when visibility is below:-
39) What is the Maximum speed for a Heavy Goods vehicle
(exceeding 7.5 tonnes maximum laden weight)"
on a Motorway?
40) On a motorway the amber reflective studs
can be found between
41) Where are you most likely to see this sign?
42) You are allowed on a motorway provided:-
43) You are driving on a wet motorway with surface spray. You should:-
44) Motorway road surfaces tend to be at their most slippery:-
45) You are driving in very wet weather on the motorway. Your car begins to slide.
This effect is called?
46) Which of the following statement is correct?
47) You are on a motorway at night. You MUST
have your headlights switched on unless
48) Blue reflective studs on a motorway indicate an area reserved for?
49) A flashing motorway sign reads 'FOG' on a apparently clear road. What does this tell you?
50) You are travelling on a motorway. You
decide you need a rest.
© Crown copyright material has been reproduced by permission of the Driving Standards Agency which does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the reproduction.