PRINTABLE TEST (answers on the bottom of the page)
Test Type: Motorway
Number of Questions: 50
Pass Mark: 43
1) Which of the following statement is correct?
2) Where are you most likely to see this sign?
3) You are driving in very wet weather on the motorway. Your car begins to slide.
This effect is called?
4) A two-second gap between you and the car in front is when conditions are?
5) What does this motorway sign mean?
6) When driving on a motorway, when should you indicate to change lanes?
7) When driving along the motorway your overall stopping distance will be much longer when:-
8) Setting down or picking up passengers on a motorway is only allowed:-
9) When joining a motorway you should ?
2 answers required
10) You are on a motorway at night. You MUST
have your headlights switched on unless
11) You are driving on a wet motorway with surface spray. You should:-
12) A motorcycle is not allowed on a motorway if it has an engine size smaller than:-
13) On a motorway the amber reflective studs
can be found between
14) Motorway emergency telephones are usually
linked to the police.
In some areas they are
now linked to
15) Usually, on a motorway, how far from the
exit is the first sign showing the junction
16) What does this motorway sign mean?
17) How will a police officer in a patrol car get you to stop on the Motorway?
18) What do AMBER studs on the motorway show?
19) On a motorway what is used to reduce
20) When joining a motorway you must always
21) You are joining a motorway.
Why is it important to make full use of the slip road ?
22) You are the only one on a three lane motorway.
Which lane should you drive in if you are travelling at 70 mph in a car?
23) What do GREEN studs on the motorway show?
24) Motorway road surfaces tend to be at their most slippery:-
25) You are driving along the motorway in the inside lane.
You intend to turn left at the next available exit.
When should you signal left?
26) You must ensure that any load carried on or in your vehicle while driving along the motorway is: -
2 answers required
27) The extreme right-hand lane of a four-lane motorway should be used:-
28) If you are driving in the left lane of the motorway and find another vehicle merging from a slip road, what should you do?
29) When may you use the right hand lane of the motorway?
30) Motorway hard shoulders should ONLY be used for?
31) What does this motorway sign show?
32) You are allowed on a motorway provided:-
33) You are intending to leave the motorway at
the next exit.
Before you reach the exit you
should normally position your vehicle
34) The left-hand lane of a motorway should be
35) You are travelling on a motorway. A bag falls off the roof rack. What should you do?
36) You are travelling at 60 m.p.h. on a good, dry motorway
What is the overall stopping distance?
37) What should you do when driving or riding along a motorway?
38) What does this motorway sign mean?
39) The car below is moving with its hazard warning lights on. It's to let you know there is a hazard ahead.
What type of road is this allowed on?
40) In WET motorway road conditions the minimum distance you should leave between you and the vehicle in front should be?
41) What basic rule applies when you're using a motorway?
42) What colour backgrounds do Motorway signs show?
43) You are travelling on a motorway. You
decide you need a rest.
44) What is the Maximum speed for a Heavy Goods vehicle
(exceeding 7.5 tonnes maximum laden weight)"
on a Motorway?
45) You may only stop on the hard shoulder of a motorway
46) You are driving on a well-lit motorway at night. You should?
47) What is the normal (national) speed limit for cars in the left-hand lane of a three-laned motorway?
48) What is the national speed limit for cars on a motorway?
49) You must not stop on a motorway. What are the 2 exceptions to this rule?
2 answers required
50) In which circumstances may you reverse on the motorway?
© Crown copyright material has been reproduced by permission of the Driving Standards Agency which does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the reproduction.