1) You find that you need glasses to read vehicle number plates at the required distance. When must you wear them?
2) You are driving on a motorway.
There has been an accident on the other side of the carriageway.
You should take extra care as traffic in your lane may
3) It is an offence to bring an illegal immigrant
into the UK.
The current fine can be up to
4) The audible warning device is operating as
You should be
5) Many sleep-related vehicle incidents (SRVIs)
occur at work.
Men are more likely than women to be involved.
Between what ages are men most at risk?
6) What's the purpose of road humps, chicanes and narrowings?
7) Your mobile phone rings while you're travelling. What should you do?
8) Operators should operate an 'effective
system' to prevent the carriage of illegal
What are the three main elements of this?
3 answers required
9) You are driving a vehicle fitted with a speed
You should allow for its effects when
10) You are driving on a motorway. A moving
lorry just ahead of you switches on its
hazard warning lights.
What does this mean?
11) You are driving a vehicle with an unladen
You change into a low gear while travelling at speed. What could happen?
12) At the end of your working week you have
driven a total of 56 hours.
What is the maximum number of hours that you can
drive in the following week under EC rules?
13) What happens to diesel fuel when it gets
14) You're driving a slow-moving vehicle on a narrow, winding road. What should you do?
15) A driver pulls out of a side road in front of you, causing you to brake hard. What should you do?
16) You are turning right at a T-junction.
Your view to the right and left is blocked due to parked vehicles.
17) Your vehicle has broken down at night on a
You should try to park your vehicle
18) You will be driving your vehicle in Europe.
Which of these documents MUST you carry?
19) What does this sign mean?
20) You break down on a motorway. You need
to call for help.
Why may it be better to use an emergency roadside telephone
rather than a mobile phone?
21) You are unable to allow a person in a
wheelchair to enter your bus.
What would be the reason for this?
22) You are driving a school bus.
You MUST avoid all physical contact with school children other than
23) A number of sleep related vehicle incidents
(SRVIs) are probably work related.
What percentage involve commercial vehicles?
24) You're in a one-way street and want to turn right. There are two lanes. Where should you position your vehicle?
25) Before you leave your vehicle you must
26) Your mobile phone rings while you are
driving. You should
27) You have a digital tachograph driver smart
card. It is valid for a maximum of
28) You are driving a lorry with an ISO container
on a trailer.
You must make sure that
29) What does this sign mean?
30) You are about to overtake a motorcyclist.
They look over their right shoulder.
It is most likely that
31) Which of these components are generally
found in an internal combustion engine?
3 answers required
32) You're driving a lorry carrying a load that's 4.5 metres (14 feet 9 inches) wide. What's the maximum speed you're allowed to drive on a motorway?
33) The repair of a speed limiter must be carried
34) Which of these can help to maximise fuel
35) Because of its size and design a large
vehicle will have
36) Which TWO should you allow extra room
2 answers required
37) What does this sign mean?
38) What's the speed limit on a dual carriageway when you're carrying a load that's 4.5 metres (14 feet 9 inches) wide?
39) You are at the scene of an accident.
Which of these is a symptom of shock?
40) You are driving a bus in hot weather.
May the passenger door be left open to let fresh air in?
41) What basic rule applies when you're using a motorway?
42) When using an independent endurance
brake (retarder) on slippery roads,
you should take care to avoid
43) What does this sign mean?
44) What does this road sign mean?
45) At a junction you see this sign partly
covered by snow.
What does it mean?
46) You are driving on a motorway.
Your stopping distance can increase by up to ten times if the road surface is
47) In England and Wales, what is the national speed limit on a single carriageway road for a rigid lorry with a maximum authorised mass of more than 7.5 tonnes?
48) You are driving a fully-laden vehicle.
You are approaching an uphill gradient as you are overtaking another vehicle.
Which of the following is NOT correct?
49) A lorry is overtaking you on a two-lane
It does not have the speed to get past. What should you do?
50) Your vehicle is fitted with spray suppression
What effect will this have on other drivers if it is NOT in good working order?
|1. b||11. d||21. a||31. a,d,f||41. b|
|2. b||12. a||22. a||32. d||42. b|
|3. b||13. a||23. b||33. a||43. c|
|4. c||14. c||24. a||34. a||44. b|
|5. a||15. a||25. b||35. b||45. c|
|6. d||16. c||26. c||36. a,c||46. b|
|7. c||17. a||27. c||37. d||47. c|
|8. a,c,e||18. c||28. b||38. c||48. a|
|9. c||19. b||29. b||39. c||49. b|
|10. d||20. c||30. a||40. d||50. b|
© Crown copyright material has been reproduced by permission of the Driving Standards Agency which does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the reproduction.