PRINTABLE TEST (answers on the bottom of the page)
Test Type: Car - Safety margins
Number of Questions: 10
Pass Mark: 10
1) In windy conditions, which activity requires extra care?
2) In windy conditions you need to take extra
3) You are driving along a wet road. How can
you tell if your vehicle's tyres are losing their
grip on the surface?
4) Anti-lock brakes can greatly assist with
5) Freezing conditions will affect the distance it
takes you to come to a stop.
expect stopping distances to increase by up
6) You are driving in freezing conditions. What
should you do when approaching a sharp
2 answers required
7) Your car is fitted with anti-lock brakes. You
need to stop in an emergency.
8) In good conditions, what is the typical
stopping distance at 70 mph?
9) The MAIN benefit of having four-wheel drive
is to improve
10) You have just gone through deep water.
dry off the brakes you should
© Crown copyright material reproduced under licence from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency, which does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the reproduction