1) You are riding a motorcycle and following a
large vehicle at 40 mph. You should position
A - close behind to make it easier to overtake the vehicle
B - to the left of the road to make it easier to be seen
C - close behind the vehicle to keep out of the wind
D - well back so that you can see past the vehicle
2) At which type of crossing are cyclists
allowed to ride across with pedestrians?
A - Toucan
B - Puffin
C - Pelican
D - Zebra
3) What's the minimum time gap you should leave when following a vehicle on a wet road?
A - One second
B - Two seconds
C - Three seconds
D - Four seconds
4) You should ONLY flash your headlights to
other road users
A - to show that you are giving way
B - to show that you are about to turn
C - to tell them that you have right of way
D - to let them know that you are there
5) A vehicle has a flashing green beacon. What
does this mean?
A - A doctor is answering an emergency call
B - The vehicle is slow-moving
C - It is a motorway police patrol vehicle
D - The vehicle is carrying hazardous chemicals
6) When riding a motorcycle your normal road
position should allow
2 answers required
A - other vehicles to overtake on your left
B - the driver ahead to see you in their mirrors
C - you to prevent vehicles behind from overtaking
D - you to be seen by traffic that is emerging from junctions ahead
E - you to ride within half a metre (1 foot 8 ins) of the kerb
7) A long, heavily laden lorry is taking a long time to overtake you. What should you do?
A - Speed up
B - Slow down
C - Hold your speed
D - Change direction
8) At a pelican crossing, what must you do when the amber light is flashing?
A - Stop and wait for the green light
B - Stop and wait for the red light
C - Give way to pedestrians waiting to cross
D - Give way to pedestrians already on the crossing
9) You're in a one-way street and want to turn right. There are two lanes. Where should you position your vehicle?
A - In the right-hand lane
B - In the left-hand lane
C - In either lane, depending on the traffic
D - Just left of the centre line
10) What should you use your horn for?
A - To alert others to your presence
B - To allow you right of way
C - T o greet other road users
D - To signal your annoyance