1) You are leaving your motorcycle unattended
on a road. When may you leave the engine
A - When parking for less than five minutes
B - If the battery is flat
C - When in a 20 mph zone
D - Not on any occasion
2) A loose drive chain on a motorcycle could
A - the front wheel to wobble
B - the ignition to cut out
C - the brakes to fail
D - the rear wheel to lock
3) What percentage of all emissions does road
transport account for?
A - 10%
B - 20%
C - 30%
D - 40%
4) You will use more fuel if your tyres are
A - under-inflated
B - of different makes
C - over-inflated
D - new and hardly used
5) Why should you wear specialist motorcycle
clothing when riding?
A - Because the law requires you to do so
B - Because it looks better than ordinary clothing
C - Because it gives best protection from the weather
D - Because it will reduce your insurance
6) You have a faulty oil seal on a shock
absorber. Why is this a serious problem?
A - It will cause excessive chain wear
B - Dripping oil could reduce the grip of your tyre
C - Your motorcycle will be harder to ride uphill
D - Your motorcycle will not accelerate so quickly
7) As well as planning your route before
starting a journey, you should also plan an
alternative route. Why is this?
A - To let another driver overtake
B - Your first route may be blocked
C - To avoid a railway level crossing
D - In case you have to avoid emergency vehicles
8) You are involved in a crash. To reduce the
risk of fire what is the best thing to do?
A - Keep the engine running
B - Open the choke
C - Turn the fuel tap to reserve
D - Use the engine cut-out switch
9) What's the purpose of road humps, chicanes and narrowings?
A - To separate lanes of traffic
B - To increase traffic speed
C - To allow pedestrians to cross
D - To reduce traffic speed
10) Planning your route before setting out can
be helpful. How can you do this?
A - Look in a motoring magazine
B - Only visit places you know
C - Try to travel at busy times
D - Print or write down the route