1) You keep well back while waiting to
overtake a large vehicle. A car fills the gap.
A - sound your horn
B - drop back further
C - flash your headlights
D - start to overtake
2) Before overtaking a large vehicle you should
keep well back. Why is this?
A - To give acceleration space to overtake quickly on blind bends
B - To get the best view of the road ahead
C - To leave a gap in case the vehicle stops and rolls back
D - To offer other drivers a safe gap if they want to overtake you
3) Powered vehicles, such as wheelchairs or
scooters, used by disabled people have a
maximum speed of
A - 8 mph
B - 12 mph
C - 16 mph
D - 20 mph
4) You are riding behind a long vehicle. There
is a mini-roundabout ahead. The vehicle is
signalling left, but positioned to the right.
A - sound your horn
B - overtake on the left
C - keep well back
D - flash your headlights
5) What should you do when you're approaching a bus that's signalling to move away from a bus stop?
A - Get past before it moves
B - Allow it to pull away, if it is safe to do so
C - Flash your headlights as you approach
D - Signal left and wave the bus on
6) You are following a large vehicle
approaching crossroads. The driver signals
to turn left. What should you do?
A - Overtake if you can leave plenty of room
B - Overtake only if there are no oncoming vehicles
C - Do not overtake until the vehicle begins to turn
D - Do not overtake when at or approaching a junction
7) Why should you be careful when riding on
roads where electric trams operate?
2 answers required
A - They cannot steer to avoid you
B - They move quickly and quietly
C - They are noisy and slow
D - They can steer to avoid you
E - They give off harmful exhaust fumes
8) You are waiting to emerge left from a minor
road. A large vehicle is approaching from
the right. You have time to turn, but you
should wait. Why?
A - The large vehicle can easily hide an overtaking vehicle
B - The large vehicle can turn suddenly
C - The large vehicle is difficult to steer in a straight line
D - The large vehicle can easily hide vehicles from the left
9) Why is it more difficult to overtake a large
vehicle than a car?
A - It takes longer to pass one
B - They may suddenly pull up
C - Their brakes are not as good
D - They climb hills more slowly
10) Which of these is LEAST likely to be
affected by crosswinds?
A - Cyclists
B - Motorcyclists
C - High-sided vehicles
D - Cars