1) A long, heavily laden lorry is taking a long time to overtake you. What should you do?
A - Speed up
B - Slow down
C - Hold your speed
D - Change direction
2) What's the minimum time gap you should leave when following a vehicle on a wet road?
A - One second
B - Two seconds
C - Three seconds
D - Four seconds
3) What does 'tailgating' mean?
A - Using the rear door of a hatchback car
B - Reversing into a parking space
C - Following another vehicle too closely
D - Driving with rear fog lights on
4) If your vehicle uses diesel fuel, take extra
care when refuelling. Diesel fuel when spilt is
A - sticky
B - odourless
C - clear
D - slippery
5) At a pelican crossing, what must you do when the amber light is flashing?
A - Stop and wait for the green light
B - Stop and wait for the red light
C - Give way to pedestrians waiting to cross
D - Give way to pedestrians already on the crossing
6) You are following a vehicle on a wet road.
You should leave a time gap of at least
A - one second
B - two seconds
C - three seconds
D - four seconds
7) On a road where trams operate, which of
these vehicles will be most at risk from the
A - Cars
B - Cycles
C - Buses
D - Lorries
8) What type of emergency vehicle is fitted
with a green flashing beacon?
A - Fire engine
B - Road gritter
C - Ambulance
D - Doctor's car
9) You stop for pedestrians waiting to cross at
a zebra crossing. They do not start to cross.
What should you do?
A - Be patient and wait
B - Sound your horn
C - Carry on
D - Wave them to cross
10) You are driving at night on an unlit road
behind another vehicle. You should
A - flash your headlights
B - use dipped beam headlights
C - switch off your headlights
D - use full beam headlights