1) What's the minimum time gap you should leave when following a vehicle on a wet road?
A - One second
B - Two seconds
C - Three seconds
D - Four seconds
2) You are driving at night on an unlit road
behind another vehicle. You should
A - flash your headlights
B - use dipped beam headlights
C - switch off your headlights
D - use full beam headlights
3) If your vehicle uses diesel fuel, take extra
care when refuelling. Diesel fuel when spilt is
A - sticky
B - odourless
C - clear
D - slippery
4) What does 'tailgating' mean?
A - Using the rear door of a hatchback car
B - Reversing into a parking space
C - Following another vehicle too closely
D - Driving with rear fog lights on
5) You are following a vehicle on a wet road.
You should leave a time gap of at least
A - one second
B - two seconds
C - three seconds
D - four seconds
6) What should you use your horn for?
A - To alert others to your presence
B - To allow you right of way
C - T o greet other road users
D - To signal your annoyance
7) At a pelican crossing, what must you do when the amber light is flashing?
A - Stop and wait for the green light
B - Stop and wait for the red light
C - Give way to pedestrians waiting to cross
D - Give way to pedestrians already on the crossing
8) A long, heavily laden lorry is taking a long time to overtake you. What should you do?
A - Speed up
B - Slow down
C - Hold your speed
D - Change direction
9) At a pelican crossing the flashing amber
light means you MUST
A - stop and wait for the green light
B - stop and wait for the red light
C - give way to pedestrians waiting to cross
D - give way to pedestrians already on the crossing
10) You're in a one-way street and want to turn right. There are two lanes. Where should you position your vehicle?
A - In the right-hand lane
B - In the left-hand lane
C - In either lane, depending on the traffic
D - Just left of the centre line