1) As a driver why should you be more careful
where trams operate?
A - Because they do not have a horn
B - Because they do not stop for cars
C - Because they do not have lights
D - Because they cannot steer to avoid you
2) Which of these is LEAST likely to be
affected by crosswinds?
A - Cyclists
B - Motorcyclists
C - High-sided vehicles
D - Cars
3) You are driving in heavy traffic on a wet
road. Spray makes it difficult to be seen.
You should use your
2 answers required
A - full beam headlights
B - rear fog lights if visibility is less than 100 metres (328 feet)
C - rear fog lights if visibility is more than 100 metres (328 feet)
D - dipped headlights
E - sidelights only
4) You are travelling behind a bus that pulls up
at a bus stop. What should you do?
2 answers required
A - Accelerate past the bus sounding your horn
B - Watch carefully for pedestrians
C - Be ready to give way to the bus
D - Pull in closely behind the bus
5) It is a very windy day and you are about to
overtake a cyclist. What should you do?
A - Overtake very closely
B - Keep close as you pass
C - Sound your horn repeatedly
D - Allow extra room
6) Powered vehicles, such as wheelchairs or
scooters, used by disabled people have a
maximum speed of
A - 8 mph
B - 12 mph
C - 16 mph
D - 20 mph
7) You are following a long vehicle. It
approaches a crossroads and signals left,
but moves out to the right. You should.
A - get closer in order to pass it quickly
B - stay well back and give it room
C - assume the signal is wrong and it is really turning right
D - overtake as it starts to slow down
8) What should you do when you're approaching a bus that's signalling to move away from a bus stop?
A - Get past before it moves
B - Allow it to pull away, if it is safe to do so
C - Flash your headlights as you approach
D - Signal left and wave the bus on
9) Why is it more difficult to overtake a large
vehicle than a car?
A - It takes longer to pass one
B - They may suddenly pull up
C - Their brakes are not as good
D - They climb hills more slowly
10) You are following a long vehicle approaching
a crossroads. The driver signals right but
moves close to the left-hand kerb. What
should you do?
A - Warn the driver of the wrong signal
B - Wait behind the long vehicle
C - Report the driver to the police
D - Overtake on the right-hand side