1) What does this temporary sign mean for drivers of vehicles over 7.5 tonnes maximum authorised mass?
A - Use either the left-hand or middle lane
B - Use only the left-hand lane
C - Use only the middle lane
D - Use any lane
2) In England and Wales, what is the national speed limit on a single carriageway road for a rigid lorry with a maximum authorised mass of more than 7.5 tonnes?
A - 30 mph
B - 40 mph
C - 50 mph
D - 60 mph
3) What does this road sign mean?
A - No goods vehicles under 7.5 tonnes maximum authorised mass
B - No goods vehicles over 7.5 tonnes maximum authorised mass
C - No goods vehicles over 7.5 metres overall height
D - No goods vehicles under 7.5 metres overall height
4) What does this sign mean?
A - No vehicles over 14 feet 6 inches (4.4 m) wide
B - No vehicles over 14 feet 6 inches (4.4 m) high
C - Road humps 14 feet 6 inches (4.4 m) apart
D - No vehicles over 14 feet 6 inches (4.4 m) long
5) You are driving on a motorway in a vehicle
fitted with a speed limiter. You should be
A - the lower running costs
B - the smoother ride
C - the limited power available when overtaking
D - the increased fuel consumption
6) What does this sign mean?
A - The width of the road is 6 feet 6 inches (2 metres)
B - No vehicles over 6 feet 6 inches (2 metres) wide
C - No vehicles over 6 feet 6 inches (2 metres) high
D - Trailer length must not exceed 6 feet 6 inches (2 metres)
7) You're driving a lorry carrying a load that's 4.5 metres (14 feet 9 inches) wide. What's the maximum speed you're allowed to drive on a motorway?
A - 10 mph
B - 20 mph
C - 30 mph
D - 40 mph
8) When planning your route which of the
following should be taken into
3 answers required
A - Any weight restrictions
B - Any height restrictions
C - Any speed restrictions
D - Any parking restrictions
E - Any width restrictions
9) Your vehicle is more than 3 metres (9 feet 10 inches) high.
Where is this information usually displayed?
A - On the tax disc
B - On the weight plate
C - In the driver's cab
D - In the engine bay
10) What is the minimum height of an unmarked
A - 4.5 metres (15 feet)
B - 4.7 metres (15 feet 6 inches)
C - 4.8 metres (16 feet)
D - 5.0 metres (16 feet 6 inches)