1) What does this sign mean?
A - No entry for two-axled trailers
B - No entry for vehicles with two-speed axles
C - Maximum gross weight of 2 tonnes
D - Axle weight limit of 2 tonnes
2) You're driving a lorry carrying a load that's 4.5 metres (14 feet 9 inches) wide. What's the maximum speed you're allowed to drive on a motorway?
A - 10 mph
B - 20 mph
C - 30 mph
D - 40 mph
3) What does this motorway sign mean?
A - 11 tonnes weight limit
B - Stop all lanes ahead closed
C - Leave the motorway at the next exit
D - Lane ahead closed
4) What does this sign mean?
A - The width of the road is 6 feet 6 inches (2 metres)
B - No vehicles over 6 feet 6 inches (2 metres) wide
C - No vehicles over 6 feet 6 inches (2 metres) high
D - Trailer length must not exceed 6 feet 6 inches (2 metres)
5) What does this sign mean?
A - Slippery road
B - Double bend
C - Overhead electrified cable
D - Cable laying ahead
6) Your vehicle is more than 3 metres (9 feet 10 inches) high.
Where is this information usually displayed?
A - On the tax disc
B - On the weight plate
C - In the driver's cab
D - In the engine bay
7) The repair of a speed limiter must be carried
A - an authorised Speed Limiter centre
B - any Vehicle Inspectorate site
C - your nearest Service Centre
D - the depot by a mechanic
8) Which axle configuration is most effective at preventing petrol tankers from rolling over?
A - Tandem axles with double wheels
B - Tandem axles with air suspension
C - Tri-axles with single wheels
D - Tri-axles with double wheels
9) You are driving a vehicle fitted with a speed
limiter. You should allow for its effects when
A - cornering
B - braking
C - overtaking
D - changing gear
10) What does this temporary sign mean for drivers of vehicles over 7.5 tonnes maximum authorised mass?
A - Use either the left-hand or middle lane
B - Use only the left-hand lane
C - Use only the middle lane
D - Use any lane
© Crown copyright material reproduced under licence from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency, which does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the reproduction