1) What does this sign mean?
A - No vehicles over 14 feet 6 inches (4.4 m) wide
B - No vehicles over 14 feet 6 inches (4.4 m) high
C - Road humps 14 feet 6 inches (4.4 m) apart
D - No vehicles over 14 feet 6 inches (4.4 m) long
2) In England and Wales, what is the national speed limit on a single carriageway road for a rigid lorry with a maximum authorised mass of more than 7.5 tonnes?
A - 30 mph
B - 40 mph
C - 50 mph
D - 60 mph
3) You're driving a lorry carrying a load that's 4.5 metres (14 feet 9 inches) wide. What's the maximum speed you're allowed to drive on a motorway?
A - 10 mph
B - 20 mph
C - 30 mph
D - 40 mph
4) What does this sign mean?
A - The width of the road is 6 feet 6 inches (2 metres)
B - No vehicles over 6 feet 6 inches (2 metres) wide
C - No vehicles over 6 feet 6 inches (2 metres) high
D - Trailer length must not exceed 6 feet 6 inches (2 metres)
5) What does this road sign mean?
A - No goods vehicles under 7.5 tonnes maximum authorised mass
B - No goods vehicles over 7.5 tonnes maximum authorised mass
C - No goods vehicles over 7.5 metres overall height
D - No goods vehicles under 7.5 metres overall height
6) What does this sign mean?
A - Slippery road
B - Double bend
C - Overhead electrified cable
D - Cable laying ahead
7) What's the speed limit on a dual carriageway when you're carrying a load that's 4.5 metres (14 feet 9 inches) wide?
A - 15 mph
B - 25 mph
C - 35 mph
D - 45 mph
8) Which axle configuration is most effective at preventing petrol tankers from rolling over?
A - Tandem axles with double wheels
B - Tandem axles with air suspension
C - Tri-axles with single wheels
D - Tri-axles with double wheels
9) What is the minimum height of an unmarked
A - 4.5 metres (15 feet)
B - 4.7 metres (15 feet 6 inches)
C - 4.8 metres (16 feet)
D - 5.0 metres (16 feet 6 inches)
10) You are driving a vehicle fitted with a speed
limiter. You should allow for its effects when
A - cornering
B - braking
C - overtaking
D - changing gear
SHARE THIS PAGE
© Crown copyright material reproduced under licence from the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency, which does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of the reproduction