1) What is the meaning of this traffic sign?
A - End of two-way road
B - Give priority to vehicles coming towards you
C - You have priority over vehicles coming towards you
D - Bus lane ahead
2) What does this sign mean?
A - Give way to vehicles on the right and left
B - Traffic passes on both sides
C - Turn off at the next junction on the motorway
D - Pass either side to get to the same destination
3) Where are you most likely to see this sign?
A - On a slip road on a motorway
B - In a motorway service area
C - On the motorway hard shoulder
D - Under a motorway bridge
4) What does this sign mean?
A - You are entering a one-way street
B - You have priority over oncoming vehicles
C - Motorway ahead
D - Lane for heavy and slow vehicles
5) What does this sign mean?
A - No route for pedestrians and cyclists
B - A route for pedestrians only
C - A route for cyclists only
D - A route for pedestrians and cyclists
6) What does this sign mean?
A - Uneven road
B - Soft verges
C - Humps
D - Tunnel
7) Where would you find this sign?
A - At an unmarked junction
B - At the start of the motorway
C - At the entrance to a car park
D - At a railway crossing
8) What does this sign mean?
A - Mini roundabout
B - Circular route
C - Ring Road
D - Link road
9) What does this sign mean?
A - Pedestrians in the road ahead
B - Children crossing ahead
C - School crossing ahead
D - Pedestrian crossing ahead
10) What does this traffic sign mean?
A - Dual carriageway ends
B - Road narrows on both sides
C - Two way traffic straight ahead
D - Danger ahead
11) What does this sign mean?
A - Move into one lane
B - Road narrows on both sides
C - Dual carriageway ends
D - One way traffic straight ahead
12) What does this sign mean?
A - Trams only
B - Oncoming trams
C - No trams ahead
D - Trams crossing ahead
13) Where would you find this Sign?
A - At a Level crossing with no barrier
B - On a roundabout
C - On a overhanging load
D - At the end of the motorway
14) What does this sign mean?
A - Parking for military vehicles
B - Oncoming military vehicles
C - Slow moving military vehicles likely to be crossing or in road ahead
D - Tanks only
15) What colour backgrounds do Motorway signs show?
A - yellow
B - green
C - blue
D - brown
16) Where would you see this road sign?
A - On a Ring road
B - On a Motorway
C - Approaching a Roundabout
D - In a Car Park
17) Where would you see this sign?
A - Near a school crossing
B - At a playground entrance
C - On a school bus
D - At a 'pedestrians only' area
18) What does this sign mean?
A - Cyclists and pedestrians in the road ahead
B - Segregated pedal cycle and pedestrian route
C - Cycle route ahead
D - No entry to cyclists and pedestrians
19) What does this sign mean?
A - Swing bridge ahead
B - Quayside or river bank
C - Soft verges
D - Slippery road
20) What does this motorway sign show?
A - Low-flying aircraft or sudden noise
B - Stop on the hard shoulder
C - Use the nearside lane
D - Leave the motorway at the next exit
21) What does this sign mean?
A - You have right of way
B - No overtaking
C - Smaller vehicles keep left
D - Oncoming traffic has priority
22) What does this motorway sign mean?
A - Max speed 50 mph
B - Min speed 50 mph
C - Visibility down to 50 metres
D - 50 miles to the next service station
23) Usually, on a motorway, how far from the
exit is the first sign showing the junction
A - Half a mile
B - One mile
C - Two miles
D - Three miles
24) What shape is a STOP sign?
A - Circular
B - Triangular
C - Inverted triangle
D - Octagonal
25) What does this sign show?
A - Use the nearside (left) lane
B - Roundabout ahead
C - Special diversion route
D - Diversion route to the football ground
26) What does this motorway sign mean?
A - 11 ton weight limit
B - Through traffic use left lane
C - Right-hand lane closed ahead
D - Right-lane T junction only
27) What does these 2 lines painted on the kerb mean?
A - Parking allowed at certain times
B - Loading allowed at certain times
C - No loading
D - No parking
28) What does this sign mean?
A - Service Area Ahead
B - Road Noise
C - Slippery Road Ahead
D - Danger Ahead
29) You are driving along the motorway in the inside lane. You intend to turn left at the next available exit. When should you signal left?
A - At the third count-down marker (100 yds to go)
B - At the second count-down marker (200 yds to go)
C - At the first count-down marker (300 yds to go)
D - When you have reached the slip road
30) If you see this sign at a crossroads and you are going straight on, what should you do?
A - maintain the same speed and drive through
B - carry on with great care
C - find another route
D - do a 'U' turn