1) What does this sign mean?
A - Pedestrians in the road ahead
B - Children crossing ahead
C - School crossing ahead
D - Pedestrian crossing ahead
2) What does this motorway sign mean?
A - Max speed 50 mph
B - Min speed 50 mph
C - Visibility down to 50 metres
D - 50 miles to the next service station
3) Where would you find this Sign?
A - At a Level crossing with no barrier
B - On a roundabout
C - On a overhanging load
D - At the end of the motorway
4) Where are you most likely to see this sign?
A - On a slip road on a motorway
B - In a motorway service area
C - On the motorway hard shoulder
D - Under a motorway bridge
5) What does this sign mean?
A - No double parking
B - No stopping
C - No-overtaking
D - One-way street
6) What does this sign mean?
A - No route for pedestrians and cyclists
B - A route for pedestrians only
C - A route for cyclists only
D - A route for pedestrians and cyclists
7) This road sign is covered in snow. What is the sign?
A - Car Park
B - Stop and give way
C - School crossing patrol
D - No entry
8) You are driving along the motorway in the inside lane. You intend to turn left at the next available exit. When should you signal left?
A - At the third count-down marker (100 yds to go)
B - At the second count-down marker (200 yds to go)
C - At the first count-down marker (300 yds to go)
D - When you have reached the slip road
9) Signs giving orders are usually: -
A - Round
B - Triangular
C - Rectangular
D - Blue
10) What shape is a ROUNDABOUT sign?
A - Circular
B - Octagonal
C - Inverted triangle
D - Triangular
11) What does this sign mean?
A - Swing bridge ahead
B - Quayside or river bank
C - Soft verges
D - Slippery road
12) Where would you see this road sign?
A - On a Ring road
B - On a Motorway
C - Approaching a Roundabout
D - In a Car Park
13) What does this traffic sign mean?
A - Broken down lorry
B - Adverse camber
C - Uneven road
D - Risk of grounding
14) What does this sign mean?
A - No stopping (Clearway)
B - No waiting
C - National speed limit applies
D - No entry
15) If you see this sign at a crossroads and you are going straight on, what should you do?
A - maintain the same speed and drive through
B - carry on with great care
C - find another route
D - do a 'U' turn
16) What does this sign mean?
A - No Road Marking
B - No Entry
C - No Through Road
D - No Parking
17) What does this sign mean?
A - Keep in single file
B - Queues likely
C - Keep your distance
D - Car park
18) What does this sign mean?
A - Beware tram rails
B - Level crossing ahead
C - Beware overhead cables
D - Trams crossing ahead
19) What does this sign mean?
A - You are entering a one-way street
B - You have priority over oncoming vehicles
C - Motorway ahead
D - Lane for heavy and slow vehicles
20) What does this sign mean?
A - Give way to vehicles on the right and left
B - Traffic passes on both sides
C - Turn off at the next junction on the motorway
D - Pass either side to get to the same destination
21) What does this sign mean?
A - Mini roundabout
B - Circular route
C - Ring Road
D - Link road
22) What does this motorway sign show?
A - Low-flying aircraft or sudden noise
B - Stop on the hard shoulder
C - Use the nearside lane
D - Leave the motorway at the next exit
23) What does this motorway sign mean?
A - 11 ton weight limit
B - Through traffic use left lane
C - Right-hand lane closed ahead
D - Right-lane T junction only
24) What colour backgrounds do Motorway signs show?
A - yellow
B - green
C - blue
D - brown
25) What does this sign mean?
A - Cyclists and pedestrians in the road ahead
B - Segregated pedal cycle and pedestrian route
C - Cycle route ahead
D - No entry to cyclists and pedestrians
26) What does this sign mean?
A - Move into one lane
B - Road narrows on both sides
C - Dual carriageway ends
D - One way traffic straight ahead
27) What does this sign mean?
A - Trams only
B - Oncoming trams
C - No trams ahead
D - Trams crossing ahead
28) What does this sign mean?
A - Uneven road
B - Soft verges
C - Humps
D - Tunnel
29) What MUST you do when you see this sign?
A - Stop, Only if a red light is showing
B - Stop, Only if children are waiting to cross
C - Stop, even if the road is clear
D - Stop, Only if traffic is approaching
30) What does these 2 lines painted on the kerb mean?
A - Parking allowed at certain times
B - Loading allowed at certain times
C - No loading
D - No parking